My Family and Other Animals

Primary Billiary Cirrhosis

Today I had an appointment with my Gastroenterologist.  After discussing my latest blood tests, medical problems over the last 12 months or so, and my medical history, he has referred me to another doctor who is a Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist, to get a second opinion. 

I have to admit to knowing nothing about these professions, and after a quick Google to get a definition I guess I am more enlightened. Apparently while a Gastroenterologist specializes in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (from mouth to anus); a Hepatologist is a doctor who specializes in liver diseases.  It is a sub-specialty within gastroenterology.  You learn something every day!!!

 I have an appointment in two weeks time and hopefully I may be on the road to 'being well within myself'.

I would love to hear from anyone else who is suffering with PBC or someone who has a family member who has PBC.  I subscribe to the UK PBC foundation which put out a newsletter, which is very interesting. Here is the link to their website - www.pbcfoundation.org.uk

Yours Sheryl

Comments

Popular Posts