My Family and Other Animals

Review of Lee Childs "Nothing to Lose"

I have just finished reading Lee Childs' "Nothing to Lose". It took me about 1 1/2 days to read and was very enjoyable. The character Reacher is a really nice guy. He has morals and values that he lives by and the thing I like is the fact that though he doesn't squirm at having to fight his way out of trouble, he never swears!!! I love this. I had never read any of Lee Childs books before, but watched him on Jennifer Byrnes 'First Tuesday Book Club' along with fellow authors Bryce Courtenay, Matthew Reilly & Di Morrissey. It made me curious about the character of Reacher and as I am always up for a reading challenge, saw it at my local library this weekend and grabbed it to try it on for size. Can hardly wait to read some more of his books. Will start at the beginning this time and see if I can get the first book. I would highly recommend this book. If you are looking for something that is easy to read, and keeps up a fast pace, then this is the book. I would even recommend this to my father! He used to like reading Louis Lamours cowboy books and this had the same feel. Have moved onto something now, with a big more weight - Nelson Mandelas " Long walk to freedom". Will report back when I finish this.

Comments

Popular Posts