My Family and Other Animals

Elizabeth Byrne nee Glew: My recollections 5


Mum just a quick note to tell you your grand daughter celebrates her 18th year, the 19th March 2012. It seems like only yesterday we were awaiting her arrival. Do you remember, the doctor told me she was going to induce me, we thought that meant the labour would be quicker and that you would get to see her that day?  You, Dad and Lisa rushed down to the hospital. After a few hours of no movement, you went home to return again the next day.

I was so scared all through the pregnancy that with a new life beginning, we would say goodbye to you then. A life for a life!! But you stayed and shared yourself a bit longer.

You would be proud of your grand daughter. She is quiet but feisty, sensible and a deep thinker. Funny, strong and caring. At times she is so like you.  She has your humour and she understands my corny jokes.

I think of you often and cry when I'm alone.  I wish I could give you one more hug. They say that time heals your pain but that hasn't happened yet.

I went to the Perth Writers Festival today and I could feel you there to. I sat and laughed and had tears in my eyes when I went and listened to William McInnes.  His wife died about 3months ago and he hid his sadness with laughter.

The laughter helps and so do the tears, though sometimes I feel as if my heart will break for missing you so much.

Your loving daughter
Sheryl
 

Comments

Popular Posts