My Family and Other Animals

WHATS IN A NAME? CORONA VIRUS/NOVEL CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 - part 2

Days 6 - 7

Got up early as I had to drive to my works head office to sit and do 2 hours of training so that I could start working from home.

The traffic was suprisingly easy to navigate through. I had expected it to be very busy. But I guess a lot of people are working from home, hence less traffic.

We completed the training, though that is a very loose term for what occurred and then headed back to our respective homes.

Straight into setting the PC up and jumping into taking calls. Except...... my headset will only allow me to hear the calls, but won't allow me to talk to the clients. grrrrrrr  Poor daughter spent about 2 1/2 hrs over facetime trying to sort it out with a friend. I ended up calling a local company and went a picked up a small inexpensive part to attach. Too late to continue now, will start again in the morning.

Bright and early, jumped on and again the same problem. This time we asked my daughters friend to come around (he was in isolation and so were we) and after 2 hours I was up and running. Spent the rest of the day taking calls.


Day 8

Spent my shift answering questions about the new covid 19 rules that were now in place and in particular those that affected W.A. By the end of the day I was exhausted.

Had a quick tea and then sat down and rested. My head is spinning and I keep finding myself thinking about the scenarios.

Have a rostered day off Thursday and then the rest of the weekend. Should find out my shift for next week soon.

Have been reading a great book by Ewen McGregor and Charley Boorman called Long way Down. Its so interesting reading about Libya and Tunisia, which is where I am up to in the book. Can't wait to read the rest of it.

At least, for the moment, it has taken my mind of Covid 19.


Comments

Popular Posts