My Family and Other Animals

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

Wikipedia provides this synopsis - The Hunger Games is a young adult  novel written by Suzanne Collins. It is written in first person and introduces sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world in the country of Panem where the countries of North America once existed. The Capitol, a highly advanced metropolis, holds absolute power over the rest of the nation. The Hunger Games are an annual event in which one boy and one girl aged 12 to 18 from each of the 12 districts surrounding the Capitol are selected by lottery to compete in a televised battle in which only one person can survive.
I have just completed reading the first book in this trilogy and enjoyed it immensely. I found myself with tears in my eyes on more than one occasion. Very well written, even if it is written for young adults.   I can't wait to start the second book "Catching Fire" the third book being "Mockinjay". I would definitely recommend this book.

Comments

Popular Posts