My Family and Other Animals

The History Keepers by Damian Dibben

I like to browse when I go to the library, rather than look for particular authors, and sometimes I pick up some wonderful books this way. I came across this book by Damian Dibben and thought I would give it a go. I love the feel of the paper, the images they use, even the font!!  This one grabbed me and though I quickly realised that it was aimed at a different age group, possibly between 9 - 13 years, I liked the feel of it from the beginning.

The Djones family, with the silent 'D' were fun. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it reminded me of Harry Potter, but the similarities were there. It was a very easy read. In fact I started it on a Thursday night- possibly read for about 2 hours and managed to get half way through before the bed beckoned me and I also remembered that I still had work to go to in the morning, drats!!  No time to read Friday, but sat down Saturday afternoon, somewhere between vacuuming and loading the washing machine and managed to devour the rest of the book.

I really really enjoyed this book. It was fun, went at a nice fast pace and didn't lose my interest at any time. There is the similarity to H Potter! While both books were aimed to the early teen, I really feel that this book will appeal to any age group. I can hardly wait for the next installment and highly recommend it to everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts