My Family and Other Animals

Good bye Twenty Twenty-one

 


With the New Year fast approaching, it seemed appropriate to at last make an attempt to look back on 2021 for my family.

  • Spent an amazing day shopping with some of my favourite people for Meela's 8th birthday. Went to Joondalup Shopping Centre with Sarah, Lisa, Meela and Amanda. Needless to say Meela had a great day trying on outfits and buying clothes
  • Darren started the first of many visits for 2021, to Fiona Stanley Hospital
  • Spent the day with family for my birthday
  • Said goodbye to Milli our 16 year old Bichon Frise 

  • Daughters birthday - had a lovely day spent with out favourite people
  • Took leave while Darren was sick in hospital - forced decision, not voluntary

  • My hot water system died!!!  What a drama. Husband sick in hospital, trying to organise a new hot water system and get it installed over Easter weekend
  • Lovely catchup up with old friends at Dome in Maylands
  • Dragged myself to the Dentist for a checkup and made a promise to my teeth to visit 6 monthly at least!
  • Worked a bit of over time from home
  • Celebrated 40 years employment with the same employer. Started work with them on the 28th April 1981
  • Was asked to attend Royal Perth Hospital as part of the Doctors exams, as a patient - very interesting 
  • Darren had a TIPS procedure
  • Had my 1st COVID vaccine
  • Took Meela for a haircut and she asked if she could get the wash and dry as well!! Cheeky!!
  • Husband bought a new car; daughter sold her 1st car (I was using this) which meant I took over the husbands old/previous car!
  • Had a Gastro scope to check my G.A.V.E - still there!! Had it burnt with Argon gas while under
  • Returned to work after 8 weeks personal leave
  • New glasses
  • Tax time again
                                                    
  • Husband has been going for a drain of his abdomen for nearly 4 months now
  • Another TIPS procedure to increase the diameter of the shunt
  • Little Aria is born to Jane and Michael
  • Saw Councilor through EAP service - very overwhelmed and stressed. Lovely Heather helped me so much
  • Travelled to Busselton for a 6 day vacation, with my favourite people. Went to the Balingup Medieval Festival - had a great time
  • Celebrated sisters birthday while in Busselton
                                                
  • Had my 2nd COVID vaccine
  • Caught up with old friends at the Maylands DOME Cafe
                                                
  • Had a friend over for a catchup, who I had not seen for 30 years. Spent a lot of time talking and laughing and reminiscing. Lots of tea and food
  • Husbands birthday, a quiet one 
                                                 
  • Caught up for old friends 60th birthday. Had a lovely meal at Chapels on Whatley. Great food but better company
  • Booked carpet cleaner to come and clean couch - what a faux pas - didn't realise it was Melbourne Cup. Husband not very happy with me!! oops
                                                    
  • Nearly Christmas. Lots of lists, checking off who we have gifts for, and who to do; what food to buy, what to cook and what not to!
  • Went to a lovely free Christmas Concert at the RAC Arena - wonderful seating
  • Last book club meeting for 2021 - caught up at DOME Cafe, Waikiki 
  • Jane and Michael finally get a rental, and get to move out from MIL's house
  • Spent the day making a gingerbread house for Christmas. Flour and icing sugar everywhere!!
  • Caught up with old friends to celebrate a birthday. All contributed and we had a high tea. A lovely day with wonderful friends


Had a busy year, though with Darren's ongoing ill health I imagine the next year will be similar for him at least. Already have a new date planned for old friends catch up. More books to read for 2022. Must beat the daughters total. I only made it to 58 books read this year, but she still beat me by at least a dozen!!!

I'm so lucky to have an amazing daughter and sister. They help me maintain my mental health or help me go mental - depending on the day!! lol Good friends are hard to find, and I am so thankful for those few good friends (old friends) that I have. They enrich my life so much and make me appreciate the wonderful life I have. What more can a girl ask for?





Comments

Popular Posts