My Family and Other Animals

Corona Virus part 3

I started off with the intention of recording my time at home during the Corona Virus. But as the days blurred together I decided that I wouldn't bore anyone with the details. Needless to say, I am still at home. First day at home was the 6th April 2020 so have been at home now for 2 months or 9 weeks. 

There are positives and negatives for working from home. Here are just a few, though I'm sure I will probably leave some out.

Negatives, in no particular order:

  • No in person, social interaction with fellow workers
  • No variance in the work
  • Extremely isolating
  • Home and work blend 
  • Family expect more when your at home ' it will only take a second, can you help/do this/or that!! '
Positives, in no particular order:

  • Can wear my slippers & Oodie to work
  • Don't need to wear makeup (or a bra!)
  • Get to spend less time going to work, more time at home
  • Can read/Facebook/Google search/crochet in quiet times
  • If I forget and leave my lunch at home, I don't have far to go to get it!!

So in my opinion the hardest part about working from home has been the lack of interaction with the people you normally work with. While technology allows us to talk with the other people you work with, being able to see them, hug them and SMILE at them is something I miss so much.

The first two weeks of working at home was so isolating that I didn't think i would make it out the other side. I raged and cried and felt quite depressed, and why? I was sitting in my own home surrounded by familiar things. You would think that this would make it easier, but let me tell you, I wasn't managing very well. I am now, so don't worry. But I wasn't at first. 

I love talking. Sometimes to myself - some of my best conversations have been with yours truly. But I also like interacting with my customers and the staff who I work with. 

Having a conversation with someone without being able to see their facial expressions and body language can change the conversation so much. You don't realise how much until you are only communicating via the written word.

If you are reading this, then you may have read other posts where I talk about the auto immune diseases that I have. I'm not sick, but if I was at work, I would be putting myself at risk, and if I caught CV19, then according to my GP, I would suffer with extreme complications and put my life at risk.

I have so many things to be thankful for. My family, my health and my country. Australia is a lucky country. I am so thankful that my ancestors came here. 

Stay safe and stay healthy where ever you are in this world that we live in.

Respect your fellow man and woman. We are all just human beings.

Love to everyone 


Comments

Popular Posts