My Family and Other Animals

Coeliac Safe Food Venues in Western Australia #7

Mug Shots on Charles 

(unfortunately these guys have closed down, though they do say they will re-open at some stage in the future)

https://www.facebook.com/MugShotsOn/

Shop 1, 299 Charles Street 
North Perth, Western Australia 6006


Had been seeing these guys on Facebook posts for a little while and when we organised a catch up, this was a great half way point for all people in the party that I was meeting with.

They are a 100% gluten free coffee shop/cafe/restaurant.

I booked via their Facebook page, as they advise that bookings are essential. Within a short time I had a response asking what our dietary requirements where. I responded that we had one person who has coeliac and that both CD daughter and myself had lactose intolerance, but that the other three members of the party had normal diets.

With the weather being cool and looking like rain I had requested to sit inside. Now being a small shop front, booking and requesting this in advance was a good idea.

When we arrived we noted that they have a wall bench seat with two small tables and chairs abutted against it and room for another table and chair seat again, this is inside the premises, with the bulk of the seating being out the front of the shop. They have it set up really nicely, so on a nice summer day it would be lovely.

The owner came and introduced herself and explained that she had coeliac disease herself. She went through the menu with myself and my daughter to cover the lactose intolerance and how she could alter anything that had dairy.

My daughter had the chicken strips done in buttermilk and crumbed, with the rest of us opting for two different breakfast foods - scrambled eggs & mushrooms on toast spread with pesto, as well as chilli scrambled eggs with chorizo.

The food was superb, but better still the service was excellent, so nice and friendly I felt as if I had been to a friends place for brunch.

A word of advise, they are only small and have only just started their journey so the range of food on the menu is smallish, but there should be sufficient to cover all needs. The prices are comparable with other establishments.

I hope that you decide to support our local community and that best of all you enjoy your food when you visit them.


Comments

Popular Posts