My Family and Other Animals

Chocolate Dream Recipe


October 5, 1997 from the Western Australian Sunday Times Newspaper I cut this recipe out and I have it glued into my recipe book. They had a great section called "checkout" and readers could send in recipes or household suggestions and the newspaper also published recipes like this one.

This recipe called "Chocolate Dream" is so yummy. I started making it back when my daughter was 3 years old and now at 25 years old she makes it for both of us. Its nice hot or cold, though my preference is for it cold as a mousse.

These days I have converted it to gluten free and lactose free. I made it this evening and used these products above, I also used brown sugar instead of raw sugar, though you could just use normal white sugar.

The recipe is very simple and straight forward. Once you have put the milk, eggs, cocoa, sugar and vanilla in the blender and mixed until it is frothy then you place it in a saucepan with the sago, and stir for the 15 minutes that it requires. Once it has thickened then it is ready.

Note: I tried making this in the microwave but it did not taste the same.

I hope you enjoy this treat as much as we do.

Chocolate Dream

Serves 4

2 cups low fat milk
1 egg
2 tablespoon cocoa
1/4 cup raw sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoon sago

Place milk, egg, cocoa, sugar and vanilla in blender and blend for about 30 seconds or until frothy.
Pour mixture into saucepan or if you are using the microwave then into a microwave safe pan.
Cook for 15 minutes stirring the mixture as it cooks.
It will start to thicken and the sago will become soft instead of hard.
Place in fridge to cool if you want it as a mousse or eat while warm.

We either double or triple the recipe because we enjoy it so much. Sheryl x

Comments

Popular Posts