My Family and Other Animals

2018 is nearly over


So its Saturday the 29 December 2018 and I'm sitting here reading through some old posts and feeling a mix of emotions. Realizing that time is flying by so fast. The last few years have been busy. Where has the time gone to?

While I have had a few health issues over the last 2 years, nothing that has kept me down for too long, though at the time it felt like the roof was caving in.

At the beginning of 2017 I ruptured a disc in my neck while exercising at the gym. That took most of the year to recover from, what with physio and pain medication. Then just when I thought I could see the light, I get what I thought was just a sore finger.

A change in GP and practice and a diagnosis of an ulcerated finger with a referral to a rheumatologist confirmed that I had C.R.E.S.T - another autoimmune disease. Money goes flying out the window, numerous tests organised.

Then to finish off 2018 I went to ER and spent 3 days in a ward. They believe I had pancreatitis. Thankfully after a visit as an outpatient 6 weeks later, the doctor tells me, NOT the autoimmune one!!

So while the last two years has had a few hiccups, I guess at the end of the day, nothing major.

I have so many things to be thankful for.  I wake up every morning with a roof over my head. I have a job, food on the table and the most amazing family ever.

My daughter is my inspiration. She was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease in April 2016 and has embraced the changes to her life and diet 120%. No whingeing, no complaining. She has gone lactose free about 12 months ago as well, and I am so proud of how she moves through her life. Some people would say she was bossy - but others would say that she knows her mind. She is quiet, but so very very strong.

She is my life. My heart swells with love for her. Some days I don't know how I would manage without her. She is my rock, my friend and one amazing young woman.


Comments

Popular Posts