My Family and Other Animals

Family tree (and Alzheimer's)

So recently I was very lucky to find family members who belong to my Byrne family tree. My fathers family.

I was contacted on Ancestry because I had done a DNA test via Ancestry and a young woman messaged to ask how we were related. At the same time I came across a tree who had similar family members to myself.

My great grandfather was William Byrne born 1871 and married to Mary Anne Walsh. I believe that they had 5 children, though I have been told it could have been as many as 8.

The 5 siblings were -

Patrick Byrne born 1891, who married Sarah Flynn.
Michael Byrne born 1894
Mary Byrne born 1900, who married Henry (Harry) Fleming
Thomas Byrne born 1913, who married Beatrice Edwards (my grand mothers sister)
and my grand father William Joseph Byrne born 23/7/1904, whose 2nd marriage was to my grand mother Violet Edwards.

So my first contact was with a relative to Patrick Byrne and Sarah Flynn and my second was with a relative to Mary Byrne and Henry Fleming.

We are still connecting via emails, Ancestry and Facebook, but I am soooo excited. This is the first time I have found ancestors related via the Byrne family.  Looking for Byrne relatives in Ireland is like looking for a needle in a haystack.

One of my relatives, Christy Fleming has also shared a beautiful tribute to his brother who had early onset Alzheimers and how his family rallied around to try and delay the symptoms by applying holistic healing methods. They set up this Organisation -Disrupting Alzheimers

My own mother developed early onset Alzheimers after a car accident in 1984.
Rest in Peace Mum. xoxo 1938 - 2005




Comments

Popular Posts