My Family and Other Animals

Dear Mum #2


Mum as you know I took Sarah to the emergency department on Thursday at 3 am. After being in emergency for 13 hours they admitted her to the hospital for more tests and observation. She was in hospital a total of 57 hours. They decided it was an infection in her colon - colitis.

She is taking it easy and has two lots of antibiotics, anti nausea tablets and some panadol in case her temperature spikes. The diarrhoea appears to have stopped but she is still feeling sick. She tells me that she feels like 'crap' still, though an improvement on how she felt in hospital.

I noticed when you arrived but never got the chance to say thank you. It was a very stressful time with the doctors, surgeons and consultants having to eliminate so many things before they could find out what was wrong.

Knowing that you were there to watch over her at night made me feel a lot happier.  Thank you :)

Today Dad said that he saw you on the same day that Sarah went to the hospital. You were sitting there with lots of colour's around you.

We see the consultant within the week and I will talk to him, though I think that possibly I might not mention this conversation! only the fact that she had entered the 'Colour Run' and how it affected her last year.

I miss you so much and wish you were here so that I could give you a hug and a kiss.
Love Me xoxoxoxoxoxox

Comments

Popular Posts