My Family and Other Animals

The Peerage of Scotland - Erskine

Some time ago I discovered Google Play and hence this plethora of books that were out of copyright and that Google had kindly scanned and made available for free!!!

A search of one of my lines - Erskine, led me to a few different books.

At present this line of my tree goes back to my ancestor Henry de Erskine who was born approximately 1190 and died on March 12, 1226 in Scotland.

Which brings me to an excellent book called "The Peerage of Scotland: Containing an Historical and Genealogical Account of the Nobility of that Kingdom"

I have included the pages that refer to my Erskine Ancestors.

Just a note - the language in these documents show what looks like a 'f ', but in fact is an 's'. Once you realise this, it makes it so much easier to read. There are some bits that when I paste them into Google translate,  it tells me they are in Latin, and in most instances Google will translate it! Good luck, and good reading. :)







Comments

Popular Posts