My Family and Other Animals

Gordon Ramsay : 'Humble Pie'



I came across this book when browsing through the book shelves at one of my local second hand stores a few years back and picked it up for something like $2.00 - such a bargain!!

It sat on my bookshelf for several years before I decided to read it. I was extremely surprised by how much I did enjoy the book.


He had a hard childhood with a father who was absent a lot, but when his father was there he was extremely hard on his children and abusive towards his wife.

At 15 Gordon Ramsay was ready to have a career on the soccer field, but a serious injury ended his soccer career.

With no real skills and grades that appeared to be average he headed into the cooking industry by what appeared to be an accident almost. 

I quite enjoyed this read. It gave a small insight into who Gordon Ramsay is; and showed a slightly different side to him than the cooking shows that are on t.v. do. 

I would recommend the book especially if you like Gordon Ramsay or/and biographies.


Comments

Popular Posts