My Family and Other Animals

Melina Marchetta

Just recently I had the pleasure of reading a trilogy written by this amazing Australian author. Having read some of her other books and also watched the movie that was made about her book 'Looking for Alibrandi' I was already a fan.

'Finnikin of the Rock' is the first book of the trilogy and is about a young boy called Finn whose father has been thrown in jail and hasn't been home for ten years since the royal family was killed. But then he is told that possibly the heir to throne may be alive and he follows a young woman called Evanjalin.

'Froi of the Exiles' is the second book in the trilogy. Froi is an orphan boy who tries to steal a ring from Evanjalin.

He joins the group of travelers and eventually earns their love and trust.

'Quintana of Charyn' is the third book in the trilogy and introduces Quintana of Charyn who is a princess who surprises with her strength and versatility. Initially you wonder who and what she is, but hopefully like me you will come to love the character that she is.

 Well worth the read and I highly recommend all of the books in this series.

Melina Marchetta is a YA author who writes so amazingly well. These stories are so well told that when you put them down you are constantly thinking about the characters!! Well I did!! I didn't want to put them down and was sad when I finished the last book.

Comments

Popular Posts