My Family and Other Animals

Anzac Day

Woke up the daughter and her girl friend,at 4:45 am this morning. A bit of cloud cover so not too cold, unlike previous years. Got dressed and made a coffee for myself and a hot chocolate for my daughter and her friend. We then drove about 10 minutes to where our local ANZAC service was being held.

A large crowd this year - seems to be growing. Next year will be bigger I reckon as it will be 100 years since our troops landed in Gallipoli on the 25th April 1915.

The Rockingham service was beautiful and as normal bought a tear to my eye and a lump to my throat.

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.


Visit the Australian War Memorial to see some amazing images of our everyday hero's. May they rest in peace and be immortalised in our hearts.

Comments

Popular Posts